73: What It Takes To Be A Great Leader In Today's World
It doesn’t matter what your profession is or what industry you’re in, there are three key qualities
that all leaders display.
1. Envision. As we talked about in Episode #72 What Is A Visionary and How to Be One?,
leaders are visionaries. They see what they want and where they want to be, and they act
on it, as long as it is for the greater good. Leaders must be visionaries and have the ability
to help others envision what it is they desire to see. To formulate and vision something
greater, ask yourself these questions…
○ What am I envisioning for this company?
○ What do I envision for my team?
○ What do I see as the next step of moving forward with my company and team, or
within my industry?
“No vision, the people perish”- Proverb 29:18 (KJV) Give your team, your people, a
vision that motivates them.
2. Enroll. Enroll people to be a part of your vision. Great leaders motivate and influence
others to get on board with their vision. Believe in your vision so much that others
believe. Enlist others that want to bring your vision to life. Your team should be
internally driven or intrinsically driven to bring your vision to fruition. As they say, if
you want to go fast, go by yourself but if you want to go far, go with somebody else.
3. Empower. Always strive to motivate, inspire and uplift your team. Leaders have the
confidence to lead through trust while empowering others to make decisions on behalf of
the best interest of the company or the vision they have. So, ask yourself this- what are
you doing now to empower your team?
Great leaders shape their future. Don’t micromanage, allow others to use their creativity
to reach that vision, and let your vision become personal to them.
Watch today's episode, then drop a comment below or better yet join the conversation in the MoJo Insider's Room and let us know what you think it takes to be a great leader in today's world.
Do you prefer listening to podcasts? Be sure to Subscribe to @CoffeeWithMoJo today from your favorite podcast app.